- Commercial and industrial
- Lighting designs to Part L of
the Building Regulations.
- Domestic installations
including Part P certification.
- Reactive & planned maintenance.
- Periodic Inspection Reports on the
condition of installations.
- Door entry systems.
- CAT5E data wiring & RJ45 outlets.
- Fire alarm installations & inspections to BS5839.
- Emergency lighting installations & inspections to BS5266.
Polarity Electrical is a family run business with over 25 years experience of undertaking commercial, industrial and residential installations and maintenance in Bournemouth, Poole and the surrounding areas.
We have a specialist division that provides Inspection Reports on electrical installations, emergency lighting and fire alarm systems.
NICEIC Competent Person Status has been achieved so we are able to self-certify compliance with Part P of the Building Regulations.
Our aim is to establish a close, long term professional relationship with clients, based on the quality and reliability of our services coupled with our competitive pricing.
- City & Guilds 2382-10 BS7671 2008 17th Edition.
- City & Guilds 2380-01 BS7671 1992 16th Edition.
- City & Guilds 2400 Design, Erection & Verification.
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection, Testing & Certification.
Our electricians are very much an integral part of the family business. Some have worked with us for over 20 years. They have passed the CSCS health & safety test and are experienced in a full range of installations plus test and inspection certification.
ECA Bond and Guarantee of Work Scheme
As members of the Electrical Contractors Association we are able to offer customers the ECA Guarantee to rectify work that fails to comply with relevant standards and the ECA Bond to complete works that have been lawfully determined.
Polarity is owned by David Smith who with his father, Derek Smith, ran an electrical contracting business in Bournemouth which was first established in 1967. David Smith entered the business in 1977. Derek Smith retired in 1995 and David's sons Nick and Matt Smith joined the business in 2001 and 2004 respectively. We have provided regular installation and maintenance services for some of the foremost public and private sector clients in the area for many years.